What is WIC?
- A nutritional program for pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children under 5 years of age.
- Read more about the food options: English (PDF) and Español (PDF).
- Learn the income guidelines (PDF).
- Each participant is screened for income eligibility at the time of certification or recertification for the WIC program.
- Participants come in to the Health Department 4 times per year.
- Click here to see a typical Year of WIC Appointments
What can WIC participants receive at no cost?
- Vouchers for milk, juice, eggs, cereal and peanut butter or iron-fortified infant formula.
- Referrals to health care providers and other community services
- Assistance with Medicaid applications
- Access to an immunization clinic, family planning clinic and dental clinic
- Current nutrition information
- Project Fresh
- Provides eligible WIC participants with $20 - $40 worth of coupons
- Coupons purchase locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables
- Use coupons at participating farmers markets in Michigan
- WIC begins scheduling appointments in June
- Project Fresh classes are held in July and August
- Connect to the state link for Project Fresh
Where is the WIC clinic located?The WIC clinic is located in the Health Services Building at
2600 LaFranier Road
Traverse City, MI 49686
For more information, please call 231-995-6112 or 800-946-4599.
The Health Services Building is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Late appointments are available on the first and third Wednesday of the month. The clinics are usually closed from noon to 1 p.m. for lunch
What are the clinic hours?
WIC coupons purchased almost a million dollars in food last year in grocery stores in the Grand Traverse County area.